We try to go to the cabin for Christmas every year just because it's like actual Christmas. Some of my most favorite things about going to the cabin are: snow, real deer, real trees, sledding, and family. We have to snowmobile in to the cabin and I love it. We have to make several trips on the snowmobiles to and from the cabin to get all our stuff there, and I'm probably the only one who thinks it's great. Since it was just my mom and dad and the kids and me for Christmas Eve I had to think of some things for us to do to keep occupied. We decorated a gingerbread house, made the angels for the tree, of course we went sledding, and we made reindeer food and sugar cookies. The kids put some oatmeal, and poppycock in a cup and put green and gold glitter in it. Then they stirred it up. The idea is that rudolph's nose will make the glitter sparkle and he'll know the way to the house and then the reindeer will eat the oatmeal and nuts because Santa gets cookies and let's face it, they all need a snack. When we talked to Mark Christmas Day he mentioned that it might cause some problems for the animals if they eat glitter, but I say they are smart enough not to. And incidentally the nuts were gone the next day, but the glitter was not. My kids got the traditional Christmas Eve pjs and we read the story of the birth of Jesus because it would have been weird to act it out with only 2 kids. I would have had to be the angel again. Elisa always got to be Mary and I had to put on a sheet and tinsel and be the angel. Good Times! It was so good to talk to Mark. We felt pretty rushed though because there were 5 of us who wanted to talk. He wanted to know what kind of Gameboy Madison got because he wants to be able to hook them together when he gets back. Whatever that means. I don't think he understood much of what Marcus said to him. It was about his robot and transformers. He told us about the Brazilian tradition of the Christmas midnight barbecue and that most of the people they talked to were drunk. Mom had a hard time talking to Mark for a while. It took about 20 minutes for her to be able to talk without crying. Anyway, Happy New Year to all you bloggers!











5 comments:
I love all the pictures you take of decorations and close ups on ornaments. You and your sisters are all so creative.
Very cute. i love the pj picture! Tell M & M that we hope they had a good time but missed them dearly over New Years.
Happy 2007!
very cute! I missed being there with you this year. I plan on blogging this week!! I promise!!
Hows the new year going?? You must be pretty busy since there are no new blogs. I hope things are going well!!
Post a Comment