Wednesday, December 05, 2007

Correction...

This blog is mainly for Laurie, but there's some cute stuff at the end if you'd like to browse.
The correction is that I have in my possession 21 years of the Hallmark Nostalgic Houses and Shops collection. But, I will have in my possession very shortly all 23 years of the collection. It started in 1984, but my mom started it for me in 1985 with the yellow toy shop. There are 3 years with 2 ornaments because there was the 20th anniversary Tannenbaum's store, the train station and the Mayor's home that accompanied the original ornaments for certain years. I love this collection and I complain every year that I have to go down and buy another house, but they're so much fun! Each one is furnished on the inside. The toy shop has a register and shelves with toys on it. The fire station has a pole and dalmatians. The houses all have couches and bedrooms. They're really cute. I'm on the waiting list for Clara's Hallmark shop because I found it on the website even though I'm not really sure if it's a real part of this line.
We like to hang them on the tree in front of some of the lights so that it looks like the windows and doors are lit. There's a movie house, a little church with stained glass windows, and different shops like the 5 and 10 cent store with an Indian statue out front. I also have the Sarah Plain and Tall houses, but there's only 5 of those and you can't look inside. Anyway, it's going to be very sad for me when my series ends. I won't know what to do with myself. On the other hand, I'm going to have to have a little tree just for my houses. Madison wants to make a villiage on the piano, but that's where the pretty nativity goes so we'll have to wait on that idea.


The cutest nativity ever!!! Kelly and Erik brought my mom this coconut nativity back from Hawaii.
These are some of Marcus's ornaments. Of course Spider-man and his alter ego, Black Spider-man. He does have Batman and Hot Wheels and a train from his first christmas.

Just another look at the tree, some of Madison's ornaments are in the middle. The little dog in the basket and the cat pawing at the christmas tree. I think she's picked an animal one every year.

7 comments:

Laurie said...

I just LOVE those little houses and shops -- the whole village! I've always loved them, but I've never collected anything like it. I really love that they're all furnished. What a fun tradition to have, and it's so cool that you have them from that far back!

I like the personal ornaments too - even if it means spiderman is climbing up your tree every year. :)

Elisa said...

I too love the houses. They look SO cute all together on a tree. My mind goes crazy with the cute possibilities.

mimi said...

Oh my, I think I am missing one year, but I have this collection too. I forgot and haven't bought one this year yet. Maybe I missed it! I love them too, however I would love to see the series end. I have the 1st one, but think the 3rd one is the one I'm missing. When I get them out, I will have to look and see, and if you have 2 of that year, I may have to pay you some BIG money to intice you to sell it to me!!

Encore Dance said...

I love that collection also, my series always ended after like five so I have cats, mice, hearts and some other stuff. They just don't match.

suzy said...

I wonder how Erik and Kelly fit that nativity in their luggage? I was going to buy one for my mom because she collects nativities, but I didn't even want to attempt it. Too bulky. I am jealous now though.

Serendipity said...

Ditto...I love those little houses too...In fact I have one or two of them...How great that you have so many!

Very festive!

Teri said...

Thanks for your nice comments on my blog. And tell your daughter she can come visit anytime she wants. But, unfortunately I can only parent animals at the current time. ;)