Monday, February 18, 2008

So we were sitting behind one of my friends in church last Sunday. They have 4 boys that range in age from 9 to like 9 months or something. Anyway. We usually sit behind them and Marcus and their son Caden bug each other through the whole meeting and instead of finding somewhere else to sit, us mothers just keep saying "SHHHH".
I play the piano for the church choir and sometimes I play solos during the meeting and I had really good luck the other day just leaving my kids on the pew while I went to play. So the other day I had to play for the choir so my friend's husband had to watch all 6 of them while we did our thing in front of the congregation.
While we were up there the husband made paper airplanes out of the meeting program and so when we got done we came back to little boys flying awesome jets. Thanks husband. No sense in telling them "SHHH" now. We'll just have to give apologetic looks toward the other members of the congregation and point at husband. Really though, he made some rad airplanes and it did inspire a good purchase from Deseret Book. But now I have to learn to fold the paper airplanes. The directions are like a bunch of dotted lines and then Voila! a finished plane. Ummmm....I don't think that paper air folding can be done if you don't have a certain level of testosterone in your system. It's like impossible if you have a uterus.
Anyway, we're singing the closing song and I whisper to Marcus to put his plane in his bag because we're getting ready to go to Primary and he looks at me and says "Primary is lame". Husband in front of us laughs out loud.

5 comments:

Michelle said...

Too funny! Kids are so hard at church. One week Josh HATES nursery, the next week he tells us his teacher is "number one". We'll have to try the airplanes.

suzy said...

Primary is kind of lame, don't you think? Joey told Gwen that one of her movies was lame awhile ago and she thinks it is so funny to say things are lame. Speaking of church, I took Max to nursery yesterday and the nursery leader is your dopple ganger. (did I use the right word?) Anyway, it was weird.

Encore Dance said...

funny!

Rass said...

He has spent too much time with Erik.

Elisa said...

Marcus does have a thing for paper airplanes...remember the one I threw away? Luckily it was on top.