So I always thought those swim suits with the built in life jacket were soooooo lame. I'd see kids at the pool and stuff and I'd think "Dude, what nerdy kids. Their parents must be so lame. How sad that they have to wear those stupid looking swimsuits. I'm glad my kids always have the coolest suits." Well folks, here's where I totally eat my words.
Marcus wanted this thing so bad. I tried to talk him into just water wings, but then I read the booklet tagged to the back of this suit and it's actually a coast guard rated flotation device. Water wings are so much cooler, but they can deflate and then your kid drowns. I know that probably would never happen, but it happened somewhere to someone and it's like an unwritten law of the universe that if you run around saying something will never happen to you or to your kids because you have totall control of your life, then that something will happen.

So keep your eye out for my kid, the nerdy kid, with the lame parent who bought him an old fashioned unitard with foam in the chest to swim in.
Marcus steals my camera sometimes. This is what I found today.

We've been having a tough time with the dark lately. So Marcus and I made a deal. I would buy him a light up moon and some glow in the dark planets for his room if he'd sleep all night in his own bed. This moon has an automatic light sensor and a remote control. And it will automatically show each phase of the moon. It's pretty cool and he stayed all night last night in his room. The planets aren't up yet, but they will be.






5 comments:
that moon sounds so cool!
I am loving the nerdy suit! I love cute nerds, always have always will.
Pretty funny stuff. Good thing he is so good looking. Don't you hate having to eat your words? My problem is that I always say them out loud and then i have to go around apologizing. I used to give my sister the hardest time when her daughter had a bottle until she was two. I was seriously a brat about it because I took Gwen's away the day she turned one. Max will be going into nursery next month and he still has a bottle. And I don't care.
I love the suit!! I love the pajamas under the suit most of all!!
Anything to get the children to stay in their own beds all night is a good thing (that was part of my justification for getting a dog).
The suit is great.
Hey Sarah--
of course I haven't forgotten "the little people of Price." ahahha. NEVER will. I am one of those little people ya know!
I know this is a reply from a loooong time ago, but I thought it was really funny when you found the sheet music to that song you played for me. Time has gone by so quickly it doesn't even seem like that long ago! By the way, doesn't your brother come home soon then?
Post a Comment