Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Blog is a four letter word...

I got into trouble with Elisa because I've been slacking on the blogging. But I'm sad to say we haven't been doing anything really worth blogging about.

Madison got a curly hair scrunchie...she wore it to dancing today and she wants to wear it tomorrow to school. I have officially turned into one of THOSE moms. I love fake hair.
Madison is in a trio doing a cute cute dance to a Hairspray mix and they are all dressing up like Tracy with wigs and pink sheath dresses for it. The wigs got a little ratty so I'm hoping some velcro rollers will help. It's not real hair so there's not much else I can do to make it flip right. They look so cute!!! Their costumes aren't done yet, but I'll for sure get a pic posted after Friday.
Marcus started soccer. This is the only picture I have so far because it's been like freezing down here. All these 5 year olds running up and down the field with snow hats and gloves on trying to kick a ball anywhere, let alone into the goal, and most likely the wrong goal. It's probably one of the funniest things I've ever seen, but I'm not at all competetive so it might not be funny to the parents who are taking 5 year old soccer seriously. (And to them I say, GET A LIFE LOOSER).
Madison is now a Girl Scout. If you want cookies let me know. She decorated this cutsie flower cake today and earned her cake decorating badge. She's a Daisy right now, but that's the 6 year old level so she refuses to wear the teal apron. This means there is nothing to sew the badges to, but pretty soon she'll be caught up and she'll have the 10 year old sash thing. It's all for fun anyway.

This is why I hate headbands. Now, to be fair, this one is really ok because it doesn't have the ginormous sunflower attached to it that looks like it came from an actual ginormous sunflower plant. Can you imagine Tatum having to face the sun always because that flower takes over her brain and controls her movements? OHHHHHH, that might be the next sci-fi novel for Stephenie Meyer. I have to email her right now.
The ears though. Why put a perfectly happy baby through that? Why?


2 comments:

Luke and Mary said...

Oh your kids are SO cute! I can't believe how old and grown up they are! To me, Madison should still be able to wear the 6 year old Girl Scout sash because she SHOULD be that age! Ahh. and Marcus being old enough to play on a soccer team... CRAZY.

By the way... I agree that Price needs more things to do (like the Baby Animal Days). That's one reason I really enjoy being away.... (one of the few reasons though)

Elisa said...

I can't wait to see M's dance, I will pass at the soccer. Tons of kids running around kicking at shins. Riveting.

The cake is so cute, and Tatum with folded ears is cute too!

I think the fake hair is cute...it matches well...it makes me think of Clueless though "Oh no I do not wear plastic hair!" something like that.