Thursday, May 08, 2008

So I guess everyone knows that there are really only three Indiana Jones movies, not counting Crystal Skull which isn't even out yet. There's Raiders, Temple of Doom, and Last Crusade. So this wouldn't be a big deal at all except for in my other post about hot guys I mentioned that there's an Indiana Jones movie that I haven't seen. I've always been under the impression that there was one between Doom and Raiders that was too gory to see when I was little. Then I just assumed that we forgot about the phantom movie and just haven't rented it.

I got on the internet to google my good friend Harrison Ford (swoon) and realized, there is no unseen Indiana Jones movie. Temple of Doom is the gory one and I saw it when I was like 10 so apparently my dad didn't feel like it was too gory. And here's another kick in the pants; Temple of Doom ('84) was made after Raiders ('81). What is up with that? I so thought that Raiders was second. It's like my entire life is backward now. I have all these unanswered questions and things in my life that happened in the wrong order. Is it weird that I remember my life according to what movies I saw at what time? I just realized that I've seen Alien.

Speaking of Alien... I was looking for stuff to watch on Mtv the other night and noticed that they have posted the nominees for the 2008 Mtv Movie Awards. You can go and watch clips of all the movies and stuff and vote. So I was doing my civic duty, I am a registered voter, and voting for best movie, best kiss, best summer movie so far...and so on. Best fight is kind of a lame category because there are no real fights anymore, it's all CG or whatever so I voted for The Bourne Ultimatum fight where Matt Damon and that other assassin are fighting in the apartments, anyway, Madison wanted to vote for Alien vs. Predator.

Me: Screech to a halt..."Why would you vote for that? Have you seen that? When did you see that?"

Madison: "I watched it with my dad, I really like it. It was a good movie."

Me: ..................................................(I'm speechless and trying not to say anything bad here because if "you don't have anything nice to say then you don't say anything at all")

Whatever, vote for fake people then.

So Johnny Depp is up for best villian for Sweeny Todd. LOVED IT!!!!! I watched it with my dad and Julia and pretty much laughed the entire time. Except the end is pretty sad, but totally typical Tim Burton.
Anyway, so there are only 3 Indiana Jones movies except for Crystal Skull which is coming out soon. Just wanted everyone to realize that and be ok with it.

2 comments:

Elisa said...

I saw a picture of the new IJ movie, and I hate to say this but he isn't aging as gracefully as Shaun Conery or that Matlock guy (sp?). I hope I end up loving the new movie but I am a little skeptical. Harrison has just seemed a bit stiff to me lately.

Laurie said...

Oh yeah, I loved those Indiana Jones movies and remember my cousin taking Kristin and I out for popcorn (against our will) during that gory part. And I didn't even know there was a new one until I read this post and then heard about it in three different places. Yea, I hope it's as good as the others.