Sunday, August 17, 2008

THE BIG 10!!!!!

Madison turned 10 on the 11th!
I honestly can not believe we're at a decade, but that's what it is. She got this awesome silky nightgown from Aunt Elisa.
How fun are those water flutes! Fill them to a certain line and you'll play a G or an A. But of course Papa and Grandma also got her some perfume for little fairies, some nice body wash and the new favorite The Waterhorse.
Marcus and I went the usual route. The first digital camera and the tried and true SeaMonsters from the National Geographic channel.
Julia is always making fun projects with the kids when she has them. She, Jared, and Tatum bought Madison a cool kit to make belts, necklaces, headbands, and even bracelets!
These gifts came from a cousin in Wyoming. Madison doesn't play with this kind of stuff really, she gets everyone in their right position and then leaves them there. She does the same with her Breyer stuff, her little ponies, and her Build-A-Bear collection.
Madison got to carry one of the flags in the International Days Parade because she is a girl scout. I'm a bad mom because I haven't gotten her her vest yet, but it's not like they really need some where to put all those badges right? Aren't they supposed to sit in the drawer?
On a side note: I am in no way, shape, or form, looking forward to the dreaded MATURATION program. I am mortified that people expect me to be mature enough to sit with my daughter through this while they use the anatomically correct transparencies and the medical terms for the maturation process. When I was in 5th grade I didn't take the permission slip home to my mom and then on the day of the program I was the only girl there without my mother and I WAS HAPPY ABOUT IT!!!! Don't worry though, I'm going to suck it up, and duct tape my mouth shut.


4 comments:

Encore Dance said...

I hope they have new videos for the program or the tap on the mouth won't matter!!

Michelle said...

Good luck on the maturation thingy. I still have painful memories of that day! Ha!

Elisa said...

You are cracking me up!!

Miranda at Marz Haus said...

What?! Madison is 10?!?! Are you sure? I think someone counted wrong. I remember when she was a wee little babe in your belly. I'm sure it wasn't that long ago. Right??

Hope she had a very happy birthday.

And enjoy the maturation program. Yikes.