Marcus got his Tonsils out in March. Hopefully this will help him stay healthier during the year. He's had strep or tonsillitis once a month since September. He was actually very excited to get his tonsils out.
Ready for surgery. His doctor Erik Lyman was amazing. He came in before and spent almost 20 minutes with us explaining exactly what would be done and how it would be taken care of, the anesthesiologist came in and explained his part and Marcus was completely relaxed and gave us a thumbs up as they wheeled him out.
Just out of surgery. It was pretty fast. The doctor came out and talked with us about every step of the surgery and answered some other questions we had. He really made the whole thing less nerve-wracking. Because let's face it, I don't care where we had this surgery, there is some nervousness involved.
After the kids wake up more they have to get up and walk around, eat a popsicle, and use the bathroom. Marcus was ready right away for his popsicle and we were up and out of there in less than an hour.
Ready to leave. The nurse came in and disengaged him from his attachments. We got home and the very next day I got a call from one of his nurses from the OR asking how his night was and she had me describe what his throat looked like and reminded me of a few things to look for. I felt supported and encouraged. And then two days later we got a Get Well card in the mail from the nurses staff with everyone's signatures and little notes specific to Marcus's experience. I thought that was so thoughtful. Anyone who says Castleview isn't a good hospital or that they don't have good staff is seriously disturbed.
Word to the wise: about 5 days into this whole thing I had to call my Dad down again and have him give Marcus another blessing while I sobbed in the other room. 5 to 10 days in is actually worse than right after the surgery. But, once we got through that part it was pretty easy. He's doing fine and back in school and going to ball practice and Karate.





No comments:
Post a Comment