Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Madison got her cast off today. She was still kind of careful with her arm but the doctor thinks she'll do great with her recovery so we're really excited that there weren't any complications. Her arm looks suprisingly good compared to some others I've seen. She does have kind of a backward farmer's tan, and there are some weird long black hairs growing around her elbow, but other than that her arm is totally normal. Her orthopedic surgeon said that she just needs to play some catch, brush her hair, brush her teeth, and put on some make up. That's about the only physical therapy that she'll need. He's a funny guy.


Who didn't love NKOTB? For all of you lame-o's out there, that stands for New Kids On The Block. They were on the way in, in Price when they were actually on the way out in their actual music career. I was going through some of my mom's stuff earlier in the month and I found these home made tags dedicated to one of the greatest boy band legends ever to live. Step By Step, OOOh Baby! Gonna get to ya giiirrrl. And who can forget the ever popular Hangin' Tough? Or Tuff, as it is spelled in certain genres of musicality. These were some of the tuffest cats I've ever seen. Man, oh man, look at the muscles on Jonathan. Love it. It makes me want to break out the Aqua Net and my LA Gear outfit. Oh yes, I really mean OUTFIT. Stonewashed jacket (with shoulder pads), jeans, flourescent shirt. Of course the shoes with 200 different laces and two pairs of flourescent socks, switched on each foot, and jeans tucked in. Why can't we turn back time. I think I peaked in the 6th grade. Julia's husband and I have that in common apparently.

This is so gross but I had to post it. This is a Rhodes dough alligator that Madison made at 4-H camp. It was so hot that by the time the kids got the dough home to bake, it had risen to almost 4 times it's original size!!!!! It still tasted way good even though it looks like some prehistoric creature. No wonder this one became extinct. It had to gum it's prey to death.

8 comments:

Jenn said...

Oh my gosh, I am laughing so hard! I was at my mom's house a month or so ago and found one of my old NKOTB t-shirts, and I actually wore it just a couple of days ago for old times sake! (and how happy was I that I actually still fit in a shirt that I wore in the 6th grade...hahaha!).

And I can totally picture the 6th grade Sarah all decked out in her L.A. Gear...I think you were the queen of L.A. Gear back then!

Spencer the Bomb Diggity said...

Okay so that was a pretty good Zing on Jared.
New Kids on the Block was like the OG of boy bands, but I dont know how much respect I had for them. Didn't like three of them like come out of the closet... with each other or something? Yeah creepyiness. I did love Wierd Al's version of "The WHite Stuff, in the middle of an oreo" That was the best thing that came out of the first boy band: Making fun of them.

Encore Dance said...

Jared says he peeked in 6th grade for real!! He had a permed mullet was on the undefeated raiders foot ball team and had the hottest 2 girlfriends in the school!! He's so proud! Oh, man! NKOTB was awesome!! The Darts even had the barbie dolls!! I was so jelous!!

Rass said...

It's amazing how many comments you get when you mention NKOTB. I actually attended a NKOTB concert at one point. Girls were passing out in the aisles from the hotness of the boys. I always thought Jordan was the bomb until he was on the Sureal Life. He is actually really creepy and perverted. I prefer Donnie now. He is the only one who has made something of himself. Did you catch him in "The path to 9-11?" What a dream boat. I've gone on waaaay too long.

Sarah said...

So ok guys. No, no one is gay from NKOTB, that would be N'SYNC. They are all pretty much loosers though. I think of all the NKOTB the closest one I prefer is actually Marky Mark who is Donnie's brother.

Elisa said...

No no no...the youngest one has done stuff, like Boston Public, and some other stuff I can't remember. I did like Marky Mark's brother in the Italian Job though. And here is some more info for everyone. The oldest one, Jordan's older brother and Tiffany (red head pop singer) had a thing back in the day.

everything pink! said...

new kids rock!

thanks for telling me about jenn's blog, but i can't find any link to it, but would love to see it.

Elisa said...

Check Cristin's blog...you have been tagged.