Saturday, July 28, 2007

International Days

It has been International Days this weekend. And yes, even though the park makes me nauseous during this weekend we had to go. Madison does the Jr. Drill Team camp and they march in the parade. We left the parade right after the 4-H horses went by. Julia's Encore Dance Studio performed as entertainment in the park both Friday and Saturday. We get these really greasy fries, chocolate covered frozen bananas, and lame-o toys from vendors. What a rip off! They had the rides again which was good for Madison and bad for me. She spent $20 on tickets! But it was better than sitting in the park. We also got three of the best caramel covered apples this year. My mom went to school with a lady who has an online business selling her confections. It's called the Forbidden Fruit. I didn't get the address but I'm sure you can google it. If you have the chance I strongly urge you to get an apple or two. I worked with this lady at the school last year and she gave all of us a caramel covered apple for christmas. It was the best thing ever, and as Josh and Ali say, "it will change your life".
I have a few pictures of Madison dancing.


This is a dance called Work This. Madison originally did a back walk over in the middle of this dance, but then she broke her arm and we had to change it to a cartwheel.
Madison marching in the parade.
Two of the Dino Dynamic drill team members with Madison on the last day of camp.
The Freakazoids
This dance is really called "Freakazoids". Their way cute tap dance. They're shakin' it like they just don't care. Racie, Destanie, Morgan, Jenna and Madison (left to right).
Joshua and Marcus being supportive brothers. They were so very supportive that I told Marcus he might not be able to go to the park the next day to do the rides. Really, these two can't be near each other because they are way too much like boys.
And so ends the extravaganza that is International Days. I can't believe that all you who used to live here did not make the trip down just for this. I have the worst headache.



4 comments:

Jenn said...

Gee, if gas wasn't so expensive these days, you know I would have made the trip down. Darn.

Those are memories I really just don't ever care to relive!

Rass said...

Those boys actually wouldn't had to have been seperated were it not for the old lady sitting next to them mumbling swear words at me everytime they moved. "Stop playing at the park you little sons of . . . . "

Darin said...

I actually like International Days and would have been there if my July hadn't been so busy. Come on...the parade is good (it's short anyway), the park has good greasy food and some cute craft stuff among the JUNK, last but not least the ZIPPER...the best carnival ride ever!

I wish I could have seen the dances.

Elisa said...

oops that last comment was me not Darin!!