
Yes, Bevan the last chapter was too "Happily Ever After-ish". I have to say that when Hedwig died I was sad, but really could he drag along his owl on the whole search for Voldemort's soul? I think not. I also thought the whole mind reading thing wasn't as creative as I thought it should have been. Harry always ends up looking like a lucky kid instead of an intelligent wizard. It totally bugs my Dad that he comes off as kind of a wimp. And what's up with the whole right before death speech at the very end, you know after the naked King's Cross part. (wink, wink) That should get some of you interested...
I'm glad that Kreacher found some love though, his whole existence caused me pain. And why didn't Hermoine find out how to Taboo Harry's name or "The Boy Who Lived" so that they always knew where Voldemort was? 

So yeah, I can find a whole bunch of stuff wrong with this book, like where's all the snogging? But, I gloss over all that pretty easily because I'm reading it for one thing and one thing only, to get away from reality for a minute. I liked it mostly because Harry got to be the hero and so did Neville. I wanted Ginny to have a larger part in the book though. We've been waiting for all that for so long and then she was on like 5 pages.
But I'm not going to say anything more...you really should read it!





4 comments:
I am so excited to see what Neville's part is...I love that kid. I love him more in the books than in the movie. I also spelled his name wrong on your last post.I need to go to bed......
I'm having a hard time getting into, maybe I'm just tired but after Twilight and New Moon, I'm just kinda bored. Plus I already read the las part. But I'll read it and I know I'll enjoy it because just like you I'm reading to escape reality for a bit!
BORRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRIng
Ok, you are the first to come up with the idea of jinxing Harry's name so that they could find Voldemort. That is a good point.
I wasn't sad about anybody dying. She didn't kill any beloved characters. I mean, Dobby? Who cares? Lupin? Crabbe? Mad-Eye? they do not compare to Dumbledore.
I thought her explaiantion as to why Dumbledore had to die was a way of shifting responsibility for killing him. Sorry lady, you are the author, you are responsible for everyone who dies.
Overall, it had a good ending. I like the line at King's Cross when Dumbledore says, "it may have been in your head, but it doesn't mean it wasn't real" that explains all the books for me. Shamefully, the NYT reclasssified the books as children's litreature so that trashy books like THE QUICKIE, can top the list. Sorry, James Patterson, but when I was in in out of O'Hare and Reagan, it was the Deathly Hallows that everyone was reading (and if they weren't reading DH, it was Order of the Phoenix, or even Azkaban), not a bok where the heorine is a cop he cheats on her husband.
Post a Comment