I didn't even know it was April Fools day yesterday! I went to drop Marcus off at playgroup and Patti was like "What are you doing here?" Of course I was like "Oh my gosh, who has it today? I thought you did!" She just started laughing and was like "April Fools!!!" I felt like an idiot. So then Marcus brought me home a picture that he said he was going to hang up on my door because it said "I love you". "Awww, that's so sweet", I told him. Then he spent the car ride home giggling. I should have gotten suspicious...so we get home and he hangs up his sign and says "Go look at it!" So I go in and there is the "For Sale" sign. He is like dying of laughter. "April Fools!! That's just a joke!" he says. Madison also got me with the classic, "Mom, we took a test and it was really hard so I didn't do very well, (sad face)". My reply, "Oh well, sometimes we don't do our best, but you'll study better next time and bring that grade up, right?" Madison: "April Fools!!!" Holds up an "A". I totally should have known right? How about these not so funny April Fools jokes. Work: I'm getting a raise and full time hours? Oh, April Fools!!! School: I don't have to pay the $1000 fee? April Fools!!!! Lawyer: I'm going to waive my retainer fee for you since you've been such a good client and we are related. Hahaha, April Fools!!! Yeah, none of those things were ever going to happen.





4 comments:
Good ones Marcus and Madison!
Who is the lawyer related to us? Humes?
I kept forgetting it Was April fools day! Tarryn walks into ballet on cruches and tells me she can't compete! What!?! April Fools!
It's funny how excited kids get about april fool's. I really don't understand the whole thing - who came up with it anyway???
I totally forgot about April fools. I'm trying to remember if I got fooled.
Post a Comment