Monday, April 07, 2008

Conference Weekend

We had a great time this weekend!!!
Miriam, Bub, and Elisa were able to come down and spend conference weekend with us. Madison and Marcus get so excited when it's time for them to come.
We started the weekend by separating pictures that my mom has in her basement. She wants to get them all put into books so that when the grandkids come over they can look at pictures of their parents from the 70's and 80's. Oh my gosh did we find some sweet pics. I seriously have to get them copied and scanned so that everyone can see them. A few years ago I would have been totally embarrassed to show anyone the pictures we found, but now I think it is so funny. I can't even describe the freakish pictures we found. It's amazing how awesome stuff is at the time and then like 10 years later it is totally wack! I think Madison's pictures are so cute right now, but I wonder how she'll feel in high school. Anyway, here's the mess we made! That's at the beginning. I totally organized like 3 crates into one with new folder tabs and chronological filing. I'm like a professional when it comes to filing.
Madison and Miriam always like to begin the night in a bed of blankets on the floor in front of the TV. Most of the time they don't make it through the night there, but this weekend was better. Friday night they stayed there all night! It's sad though how bad they get off schedule during these fun weekends. This morning was pretty slow; we barely made it to school on time.
This is actually a picture of Marcus from Easter with his reversible belt on his head. I posted this pic because I took absolutely no pictures of Bub or Marcus this weekend. We would have had some cute pics from the park, but it was like subzero temperatures there. We spend an hour shivering so that the kids could get some exercise. And there were about 4 birthday parties all happening at the same time so there were crazy kids EVERYWHERE.
This is the mouse house for "Darin" that Madison and Miriam made over in Huntington at Great Grandpa's house. It was kind of cold over there too so they went and saw the horse but then came back inside. Grandpa's and grandma's are so great for this kind of stuff because they let the girls cut up tape, boxes, fabric, and all sorts of things that make huge messes. Elisa and I took the boys home and let my mom bring the girls when the house was finished. They were there from about 4 pm to 8 pm finishing their creation. This pic doesn't really show the extent of it, but "Darin" has a remote control for his TV, a couch, and pictures on the walls, one of which is a robot head created by Miriam. They also created a garage and a roof top dance floor.
We also enjoyed conference this weekend. Pres. Monson is hilarious!!!!!! I love his stories and how he tells them with a completely straight face. Like when his wife woke up from her coma to tell him to pay the 4th quarter taxes. Or when she left the note telling the kids not to let him touch the electrical appliances. I also quite enjoyed being strongly advised to start treating each other better. That's just plain common sense at this time of total and utter worldly selfishness.

5 comments:

Rass said...

Talk about getting phased out. Thanks for inviting us. to the rooftop dance party. Ali's party is restricted to girls 5 and under - I don't think Madison will care considering what they are doing.

Elisa said...

Fun fun fun. I really do wonder how the kids were on their ride with papa. Miriam had blue Gatorade all over her jacket! he wouldn't tell me how it really was.

Miriam hasn't stopped talking about her cousins. Her poor friend Fin had to hear all about Madison over a dozen times.

Laurie said...

I love old photos. We have one of your dad sitting on our living room floor in huge bell bottoms, changing someones diaper (maybe it was yours!).

Michelle said...

You've got to scan your pictures in! My mom called me the other morning after finding an old picture of me and made fun of my bangs for liek 10 minutes.

Miranda at Marz Haus said...

What a fun weekend. LOVE the mouse house!

This weekend I found some pictures of us when we were in 8th grade at good ol' MHS. They are awesome; I'm going to post some on my blog so watch out. The world is going to be exposed to our junior high hotness.

CAN YOU HANDLE IT, WORLD?