Thursday, May 15, 2008

Tater update:
Height: I'm not sure. Weight: Don't know. Head: Whatever it's supposed to be.
She is crawling now!!!! And she pulls herself up to the coffee table and hangs out until she looses her balance because she never stops moving her feet!!!Madison's grade had an art exhibit last night. The kids created art in the likeness of Jackson Pollock, Paul Klee, Vincent Van Gogh, Pablo Picasso, Peit Mandrian, and Georgia O'Keeffe.

Paul Klee "Focal Fish"

Paul Klee "The Twittering Machine"


Utah Folk Art "Sandpainting"

Jackson Pollock: Madison named hers "Wonderful"
Each student created a square of this piece.

Pablo Picasso "Cubism"



Vincent van Gogh "Sunflowers"

Madison by her "Twittering Machine"



And I have been awarded certificates for being able to write. I don't know why regular people have to complete this course, my handwriting has always been legible. I think doctors should have to take it. I swear though, my evaluator was like obsessed with perfection. If I went above the line or below the line like a fourth of a millimeter she circled it in red or bright blue pen. Sometimes my lines weren't exactly straight, maybe off by half a millimeter and of course there's a "be precise" comment next to it.
I'm aiming for forth grade though and while I was doing some of the lessons I was asking Madison about it and she's all "My teacher writes like you, half print, half cursive". The other thing that is screwy about the whole thing is that the schools around here teach D'Nealian, not manuscript. So I learned to write what I won't be teaching. Makes perfect sense.



6 comments:

Encore Dance said...

Madison's painting is really good!! I love the one all the kids did together, crazy that it fits so well. Congrats on your awards!! I'm so proud you can write.

Laurie said...

I love that idea of the art exhibit and painting in the styles of other artists! I was thinking of having my kids do projects like that over the summer.

Nice job on the awards!

Elisa said...

I am so impressed with the art program. Third grade sure isn't what it use to be!

Luke and Mary said...

Hey, thanks for your comment on my blog. It made me happy-- thank you for your support! And... ugh! Good luck with the 4H camps. that sounds really stressful! But, you'll do great, I'm sure of it!

Miranda at Marz Haus said...

Quite a budding artist you have there. And congrats on your sweet writing skills!

All of those lengthy, dramatic notes we used to pass in junior high totally paid off.

Elisa said...

Sarah 2 reminders
#1 BLOG
#2 Don't forget to take back Dan in Real Life.

LYLAS!

ha ha, see thats funny because you ARE my sister.