
I LOVE Halloween. I really do so I'm going to talk about it. I also have Christmas pretty well planned out too. Anyway, I love Halloween in the schools. I love dressing up and stuff and I love getting costumes for the kids. I think Marcus wants to be IronMan again, but his costume from last year is pretty beat up because he wears them year-round. There's a new one with a battery pack so the chest light really works.

I think Madison is going to be some sort of winged creature, but I'm not sure she wants to be classified as a fairy.
We bought cute little wings for Madison already, but for her height we have to move up a size in costumes so she's now considered a "Tween". Those costumes are made for baby prostitutes. No joke. They're like slutty versions of sweet little things like Bees and Ladybugs. I guess every species has the "easy" ones, but that's for the survival of their kind. Julia wants her to be a "Cheerless Leader". Those costumes are all black and come with these fuzzy boots. I love them, but Madison physically gags everytimes someone suggests she do something even closely related to cheering.
I want somebody's baby to be a bat with little rubber wings; wings that are textured so that the baby can chew on them and they won't rip or whatever. That would be so easy and warm. Like a bunting with little ears and wings. LOVE IT
I don't know what I'm going to be though, I was thinking the Queen of Hearts because she's pleasantly plump and it would look funny for a skinny girl to be her.Happy
On a side note: Whoever says that "Those who can't do...teach", is a freaking idiot who has no idea what teaching is or what teachers have to do. There are so many kids in my class who I just want to take home and raise so that they can have some attention, opportunities, and just plain structure, and then there are some that I want to kick right out the door for being entitled little snots. We have an entire grade of kids who struggle, there are regular kids of course, but in a class of 25 there shouldn't be like 10 or 15 who really need extra help, and I think every class is like ours. Anyway, I want to find out what was going on the year these kids were born, to see if there was an environmental cause like a new medication that the doctors put the mothers on or a new pesticide or preservative that they later recalled, or if it really was the teachers (I don't think it was because we're right next door to one of them and she does a good job). It is sad to say, but teachers really can screw an entire grade up if they don't work together on what they teach.





4 comments:
Interesting thoughts on teaching. I have nothing but respect for teachers who really do care and who are there because they want to be.
Can I borrow some of your inspiration and enthusiasm for Halloween? What a clever baby bat idea!
Okay, we are having Halloween drama over here.
I went to Kid to Kid at 10 am yesterday and stood in line for their costume event. I scored a very cute doctor outfit, and pottery barn lion and piratess outfits. Here's the deal, M still wants to be jasmin.
Should I
A: tell her forget it and make her be a pirate (but buy her black boots to sweeten the deal)
B: make a jasmin costume??
What would you do Miss Halloween?
Madison could be Vidia.
Are you excited for Thriller? I am I love Halloween also! Tatum is being a bunny with a carrot to chew on. We have to go trick-or-treating together, is someones ward doing a trunk-or-treating?
This is Kerstina (Thayn).
I totally hear ya in the teaching department. Hang in there! I'd tell ya it's going to get better, but guess what---it's NOT! Everyone keeps telling me the third year is when you finally get it down. Hopefully that is true. I guess we won't know 'til we get there. I hope I don't totally screw up my sutdents this year!!! This first one is harder that I imagined it would be. Good Luck to you and enjoy your student teaching while it lasts.
What should I be for Halloween? You seem to have a ton of ideas--pass some my way!
Post a Comment