Saturday, February 28, 2009

WARNING...this is pretty scary


This is Julia's ankle. After it broke in 3 places and she snapped a tendon, she had
surgery which put 5 screws in there to hold it all together.
It looks pretty scary right now, but it's only been about 2 weeks.
She has to hobble around on crutches for the next 8 weeks and even after that we're
not sure how long it will take until she'll be able to actually walk without help.
She's due in about 4 weeks now so that just adds to the stress she's feeling about the whole situation. She's trying to keep her studio going from a distance because the girls have a competition in April and the year end show is the first weekend in May. Luckily Julia has surrounded herself with loyal, dependable people who have stepped in to tie up loose ends and keep things running smoothly while she's out. I think Tater is having an awesome time because she gets to do whatever she wants all day long and in the afternoon she has cousins who entertain her the whole time. Madison and Marcus are loving it just as much.

We need everyone to keep praying for her so that she heals fast and well so that she can get right back to dancing. She's going crazy without it!

5 comments:

Elisa said...

Oh....this is one tragic post. Holy cow, it makes me shiver. We are praying for her, and will fast tomorrow especially for her.

Luke and Mary said...

What the heck did she do?!?!?!
That looks horrible! I feel so bad for her. Hopefully it gets a little better before the baby arrives.

Michelle said...

Ow! I can't imagine how painful/stressful/frustrating this must be for her. And with a new baby coming. AGH! Send get well wishes to her!

suzy said...

I read about her accident on Elisa's blog, poor thing. She is brave.
I would have Kelly threaten Madison with juvy...she is pretty scary.

Rass said...

Stop acting like I am a mean aunt. Someday they will all appreciate me. Oh, were we talking about Julia?