We tried to create the perfect Luau for Madison's birthday, but the weatherman thought it would be funny to send in some chilly wind. Are you serious? I have inflatable sea animals and a tiki garland waiting to be hung here!!!
Anyhoo...
We held the part-tay inside.
We pinataed, we limboed (no pic)

played a very mature version of "duck, duck, goose" on the back lawn. In this case it was called "tiki, tiki, torch" but was the very same in all the essentials.
The divine Miss M won the limbo contest, but it definitely was not because she walked underneath the stick for 99% of the game.
The Innocent Bystanders


I think my flip flops cake was a great success. But, you can not believe what's happening in those tutorials that they put up on the web sites. The lady on the bit had both her cakes done in like 20 minutes. Mine took about 9 hours. I did find out that you could make buttercream frosting yourself though. All the professionals on Ace of Cakes and Cake Boss are always talking about buttercream frosting and I assumed it was only for the very best. But nope, I can have it too! I also discovered that you can buy fondant at the store. See, when I gain knowledge of things I don't hide it from the general public like other people do. I will tell you right away when I find something out and then you don't get to look at me like "Duh."
We held the part-tay inside.
We pinataed, we limboed (no pic)
we present opened, rock paper scissored (no pic), and

played a very mature version of "duck, duck, goose" on the back lawn. In this case it was called "tiki, tiki, torch" but was the very same in all the essentials.
The Innocent Bystanders


I think my flip flops cake was a great success. But, you can not believe what's happening in those tutorials that they put up on the web sites. The lady on the bit had both her cakes done in like 20 minutes. Mine took about 9 hours. I did find out that you could make buttercream frosting yourself though. All the professionals on Ace of Cakes and Cake Boss are always talking about buttercream frosting and I assumed it was only for the very best. But nope, I can have it too! I also discovered that you can buy fondant at the store. See, when I gain knowledge of things I don't hide it from the general public like other people do. I will tell you right away when I find something out and then you don't get to look at me like "Duh."







4 comments:
I love the flip flop cake and what a great job with keeping to the theme. Looks like Madison is one lucky girl.
Looks like a great party! You should have your own reality cake-making show. I would totally watch.
LOVE the cake and the pinata! So cute!
Sarah, It is Mirissa! I had to see your cute party Elisa talked about. Way cute! And I love that you watch Ace of Cakes. I think Duff is hillarious! Good luck with kindergarten.
Post a Comment