Saturday, August 29, 2009

And then I realize that I have to do it AGAIN!!!


This is what I feel like. Notice the professional clothing because "I wear, therefore I am". I made it through my first week as a Kindergarten teacher. Honestly, I knew I would be tired, but OH MY GOSH people! 5 year olds are seriously hard! They don't sit, they don't stay, they have a story to tell you about EVERYTHING that doesn't have to do with ANYTHING you've actually been talking about. Parents: Do Not do anything in front of your 5 year old that you don't want me to know about because they WILL tell me. I have upped my dose of daily "rot gut crap" to 36 oz.
I did take pictures of my own children on the first day of school. Eventually they will make it up here, but it might seriously be awhile.

3 comments:

Amanda said...

You deserve some kind of medal.

Elisa said...

Hang in there!

Emily said...

Congrats on your teaching job! Your post sent me right back to my first week of teaching K. You'll have so many great stories by the end of the year that you'll be able to begin the first volume of your award-winning novel. Just be sure you change the names so the parents don't know when you're talking about them!

Good luck. It's actually pretty fun once you learn to ignore certain things. At least at that age the kids still love you!