Saturday, September 26, 2009

Hello Again

Hello Again is one of my favorite movies. I can't remember any of the actor's names because my brain is mush, but if you have the chance to see it, please do. I quote it a lot "KimmiePie!". I also enjoy Overboard with Kurt Russel and Goldie Hawn. That's a good one.

Anyhoo...I've been out. And by out, I don't mean on holiday. I've been out in my classroom. I live here. I'm here now. Is blogging an ethical use of district computers? I'll put my lesson plans on here just so that they know I'm working.

I have three file cabinets open right now. I have enough stuff to have a math drawer, a science drawer and a reading drawer. I'm in the process of moving the science stuff out of the reading drawer. I simply can not function if everything does not have it's own folder and labeled tag. It's been driving me crazy. My aid asked me the other day if we were organized enough to go to the assembly. Ha, not funny. We went to high school together though so she knows she can joke with me (?). I keep leaving the camera here at the school so I can't really put any pictures up, I don't have the cord, and since I'm not a "technical administrator" I can't put programs on the computer. I'd have to call the tech guy. LAME.

I use my blog to listen to music when I forget my IPod. This school makes weird noises when I'm here alone and it freaks me out. Every once in awhile I will hear a sound that makes me think someone is pulling on my outside door. But I can't see my outside door from where the computer is so when I finally get up the courage to lean back, there's nothing there. It sounds like there's someone walking on the roof too. Throughout the school the ceiling tiles are missing because maintenance is in the process of checking things that are in the ceiling. So there's one missing in the copy room and I have to stand right under it to use the copier. When there's people here it's not a big deal, but when I'm alone I know for a fact that there's a rabid raccoon up there waiting to jump on my head. It sounds like it's hissing at me.
That's not the way I want to die. The janitor is the first one who'd find me and I'm not so sure that he'd clean me up first. The bathrooms have to be taken care of first thing in the morning and he has to unlock all the doors. I don't dress very well on the weekends either and I have no make-up on, that'd be embarrassing too.
I kind of have a sore throat. It's not really sore, more like thick. I have thick throat. It might be from staying up really late to catch up on tv that I've missed over the week or it might be from the nose picking habits of 5 year olds. I've started to just say "finger out, that's really gross". Is that rude? I started with "Do you need a tissue?" They'd all just shake their heads and keep on picking. Then I changed to "Get a tissue please." So they'd finish picking, and usually do something really gross with it that I won't mention, and then they'd get up, pluck a tissue from the box and then just throw it away. Hmmm, not really working right? So now it's "that's gross, nobody wants to see you pick your nose". The other day we had a discussion like this:
Me: What if you saw your table neighbor picking their nose, and then you saw that they didn't use a tissue, *gasp*, and then they used their crayons or pencil. That would be really gross huh.
Non-tissue Using Kindergarteners (NUK): Ew, that's so gross!
Me: What if they were doing that and then you had to go to their table to work and you had to use their crayons or pencil and you knew that they had just picked their nose and didn't use a tissue?
NUK: *Silence*, one little girl turns a weird shade of green.
Me: Do you like touching things that come out of other people's noses?
NUK: Oh, that's sooooooo grooooooosss!
Me: What if you used their pencil after they had put things that came out of their nose on it, and then you forgot that you used that pencil and then you put your fingers in your mouth?
NUK: *Green girl is about to loose it*, Oh sick! EWWWWWW!
Me: Do you like putting things in your mouth that come out of other people's noses?
NUK: *They're literally dying now* EWWWWWWWWWWWWW!
Me: That's why we get a tissue and go into the bathroom to take care of our noses. And that's why we're very careful with our crayons and pencils. We don't want things that come out of other people's noses, or mouths, to get onto our pencils and crayons and we definitely don't want to get that stuff in our mouths.
Do you think that was too much?

5 comments:

Elisa said...

"and, and red cowboy boots, and NOTHIN' ELSE!" or how about this one...

"but honey, if you HAVE a baby you won't BE the baby"

I don't think you can get mean enough or scary enough about the boogers...just get them to stop.

Emily said...

Not too much, but don't expect it to actually work. They'll have forgotten that discussion after 5 minutes!

Rass said...

I think you need to talk to a few more grownups throughout the day. This booger blog was a little disturbing.

suzy said...

I think Gwen might have had a similar lecture in Kindergarten. She told me the other day that if we pick our noses we will get sick and die. But after this post I think I might just take her out of school for good. No....I'm too lazy.

Anonymous said...

Have you seen the Goldie Hawn Barbie Doll?
I was shopping for a b-day gift when I saw her & would have liked to have seen her in her yellow Cactus Flower dress -- or something more than they did.

Jessie B.