Wednesday, May 19, 2010

6th Grade Promotion Ceremony


Madison "graduated" from elementary on Monday. She is so excited to start Jr. High. I, however, am not ready for her to go there. But then I think back to my 6th grade experiences and she really hasn't had the same experience that I did. Let's just hope that her 7th grade year is not too traumatic! Such a sweet girl. I've been on the verge of tears for the last 3 days. The inside of my lip is all chewed up from keeping it all inside. Tomorrow is the last day of school and I just don't know if I can keep the flood gates closed!

Madison and Mrs. Z., she also taught Julia and said all year "Whenever I read Madison's writing I just think of Julia". That's a compliment because Madison has won two essay contests.


Madison and Mrs. Scow, the music teacher as well as Madison's piano teacher.


Madison and Mrs. Feichko. One of the things Madison is known for is her slow decision making. It tends to make for tense mornings at home, but at school it's pretty funny. One time she was the first to choose which candy bar she wanted in class and she just couldn't make a decision so pretty soon all the good candy was gone. I'm always hearing about how long it takes Madison to choose library books and salad bar veggies. And it gets worse when you rush her. I hope it's not something that continues for very much longer!


A group of her friends.


Marcus surrounded by older women. He looks bored, but trust me, this is where he likes to be. He's pretty slick with the chicks.


The minute we were done clapping Marcus was at the refreshment table getting cake. He asked me for like 20 min. "Can I have cake yet?"


Madison and Miss Makenna. Such cute girlies! Incidentally, in high school I wanted to name my first girl Makenna, but since Karla beat me to it I decided not to. She was actually named by another friend, Heather, on my second day in the hospital.


The 6th graders sang their class song, "Good Riddance" by Greenday. They did a really nice job. Madison also played "Tequila" with the band, but I have no pictures of that.


Getting her Presidential Academic Gold Award. This is for students with good core scores and blah blah blah with good attitudes blah blah blah. I don't know.


Walking by after receiving her "diploma" from the principal. Can I just say that I love love her dress? I was worried that it would be all dirty and wrinkled by this time, but I guess she refrained from playing with the boys during recess.
Congratulations Miss Madison!
Now stop growing up.

1 comment:

Jen said...

I hope you don't think I'm too creepy for hoping over from Amanda's blog and reading your blog. I figure it's less creepy if I comment, right? :) I just had to say she is so beautiful!! Our Ben is about to start 3rd grade and it is almost shocking to me to think girls will be that grown up and good looking in three years. We are is so much trouble!!