Thursday, June 29, 2006

My month with random 4-H campers!

For the last month I've been doing 14-day long camps for kids around the Carbon County area. Actually I've been helping with them because my primary job is to run the YFP mentoring program, but that will definitely be another blog. The 4-H assistant was Raquel who Julia choreographed for when she was coming down all the time to teach for Patti. No one would know what I'm talking about but this was an attempt at illustrating how small the world actually is. So Raquel and I went to Wellington for 2 weeks and we're finishing up in East Carbon where we've been the last 2 weeks.
I have to interrupt here because I have a funny story:
When I was introduced to Raquel about a month ago my boss said "Sarah this is Raquel Bean". After some casual conversation,I don't know why, but I said something about Mark going to Brazil and Raquel said "Mark Rasmussen?" I said yes, (naturally) and she said "So you're Julia's sister!" I'm used to this by now because Julia is basically the "Chosen One" among the dancing community here. Again, I said yes. So then I went home to tell Julia that I had met Raquel Bean today and Julia was like, "Who? Are you talking about Raquel Deaton?" So then she said "Who did she marry?" Well of course I went to work the next day and when I saw Raquel in the office I said "Are you Raquel Deaton?" Raquel said yes. Then as we were driving out to Wellington for our first day of camp I turned to her and said "So when did you get married?" She said, "Did I? No, I'm not married." After some weird silence I started thinking about who this girl might be and then it hit me. Everyone in the office had actually been saying Raquel Deaton and I was just hearing Raquel Bean.
Well, tomorrow is the last day of camp and I guess this would be something funny to mention to Raquel. Oh, bother, I forgot that I was going to actually talk about the kids at camp.

No comments: