I went shopping with Elisa over the weekend. I had to find something to wear for Mark's farewell. I've been wearing my winter dresses and it's getting a bit hot for that. Now, I must explain that I'm a bit more along than I would hope to be, particularly 'round the middle. And unlike so many women I can not say that I am expecting, because the only thing I'm expecting is a button to pop off or my pants to rip.
Anyway, we went to South Towne because a friend of mine recommended that I check out this cool "fat girl store". It's actually Torrids Plus Sizes, but whatever works. I was excited to see what they had because my friend does look cute. Alas, I was disappointed. It seems that they only took the same "skanky" fashions you'd find in other stores and made them bigger. There were some cute pants and a few cute tops, but most weren't appropriate for public, much less church. I never thought I was a picky shopper, but man oh man, it took me forever to find something I'd actually try on. We ended up going to Old Navy because they are reliable, and then we found a cute, but expensive, top at J. Jill at Gateway.
I do have to praise Elisa on her ability not to scream at me when she held up something and I just made weird noises about it. She just took me from store to store intent on finding something I could wear. Nothing like a good shopping trip to send me down to the depths of despair and remind me of just how much more weight I need to loose. Then I tell myself, "buck up little camper, we'll beat this "hill" (my stomach) together".
January 2026
6 months ago





4 comments:
Seriously, We need to be good this weekend...lots of hikes. I am not bringing treats.
Shopping was fun! I can't remember why we were laughing so hard in the parking lot, but the cheese stuff was entertaining. Shopping is much more fun when you are looking for someone else.
Welcome to the blog world. you will love it!
Man it sounds like Kari and I need to get on the ball. So this blogging thing, it is like web logging or something. Maybe kari will ahve to sign up for it. I might do one too. Sarah, is soyouthinkimfat.blogspot.com taken? I may be a guy, but I don't like my gut any more than anyone else.
Sarah, I need your username and password to post pictures on your blog. Email them to me along with Julia's address.
Luvies
Post a Comment