
I wanted to devote a blog just to Madison because everyday she gets older and smarter and I feel like I forget her.
It hit me today when we were watching something on tv and Julia noticed that she was getting an awful lot of leg hair. It's blonde so there's no reason to break out the Lady Schick, (or Venus), but still, next thing you know there's going to be B.O. She's already asked for deodorant, but I've been putting it off. After the stink will come the mood swings and then the dreaded you know what. I'm not even mature enough for it. I know, I probably have at least 3 years left until it's full blown puberty, but the last 8 have whipped by me,and today I noticed that it has left a welt across my heart. I hope it doesn't scar.
Ok then, this is actually about Madison. I noticed that she had a certain affection for animals right off the bat. Her favorite cartoon was Stanley and she became attached almost immediately to a white stuffed TY kitten. My mom looked all over for one just like it here in Price, but she ended up getting one in Boston, MASSACHUSETTS! Long drive for a stuffed animal. Anyway, the thing is disgusting now, but we've got a sqeaky clean one for pictures and one that we hoped she'd trade off for, but that was a no go.
She started collecting horses right from the beginning too. There are horses everywhere! We actually counted her My Little Ponies the other day and there were 32. We sold a whole bunch in a yard sale, but she's still got 12. We are starting a Breyer collection now. She loves everything and anything horse.
She can literally gallop just like a horse, on all fours. She's got the sound and everything. You can't take her anywhere without her saying "I'm white, with black hooves, a pink nose, pink tongue, pink inside my ears, black mane, black tail, you know, that horse from Lord of the Rings". It actually changes from day to day, but the description is just as detailed, right down to her teeth.
Of course, her favorite channel is Animal Planet. She wants to be a cowgirl with a ranch, a veterinarian, and a wild animal saver.






3 comments:
I remember when she use to fall asleep on my stomach and we'd both take a nap! What are you going to do about BOYFRIENDS!!
I know lots of little girls who like horses, but Madison is the only one I know that wants to BE a horse..or dog...or a dimondonasauraus (whatever she calls herself). She has that blank eyed, tipped head, animal stare down.
Madison also makes friends where ever she is. Give her 5 min. at a park and she will have 3 or 4 kids running around with her, boys and girls. Her imagination draws others to her.
She is one of a kind!
Madison is really growing up and looks like you when you were young, as well as your Dad. I love the dimples. Keep her close--they are gone before you know it.
Post a Comment