Friday, July 07, 2006

Marcus


I've talked about Madison so now I'll blog about Marcus. I'm typing in red and blue because he's in love with Spiderman. He runs around shooting webs out of his hands and capturing people. He has Spiderman everything, right down to his sheets. He even takes a Spiderman backpack to swim lessons, where he wears Spiderman swim shorts, and dries off with a Spiderman towel. I should give some credit to The Hulk, Wolverine, Superman, and Captain America. I'm sure there are others, but I can't keep up. He loves anything and everything super hero.
He's also going to go to Power Ranger school. That should be interesting. He's really funny, and I know I'm biased, but he makes just about everyone laugh. We'll be in trouble when he starts school.
He's good to play with Madison even though he always has to be the baby horse, or wolf, or whatever. It's funny to watch him imitate Madison all the time. He bugs her as much as possible. He's going to start taking power tumbling in the fall because Madison has been taking for about a year and a half. Power Tumbling has no bars or vault but it does have ski floor, a big trampoline, and a double mini trampoline. Marcus is working on his forward rolls, tuck jumps, straddles, bum ups (technically they are seat drops, but whatever), and half twists.
He likes to sing the primary songs, and he's been showing some interest in the piano! He just saw Cars in the theater, and now he pretends to be Lightening McQueen when he drives his jeep. It's fine when he's alone, but we'll have to add some rules and regulations pretty soon.
Aunt Julia has been babysitting while I do 4-H camps and she taught Marcus all about flexing muscles. Just ask him how big his beach ball is and he'll flex for you and then show you where it is. He runs in slow motion just so you'll understand the gravity of his mission, but then he'll speed it up to real time and get the job done right. I have to watch my back end because he does a great imitation of Billy Blanks power punches. Double Time!
He has perfect timing. If I'm feeling less than wonderful he always knows just what to say to make me laugh, it's hard to be sad when he's around. He is also constantly telling me to "be patient". I forget that. He also likes to stand out at the end of the driveway with his Power Rangers SPD laser guns and shoot anyone who dares to drive down the street. Snakes and Snails and Puppy Dog Tails. He's all boy.

3 comments:

Elisa said...

This boy will make even the grouchiest person happy. He is a big ole' barrel of sunshine. He can also throw the biggest and longest tantrums. He does everything with gusto.

Anonymous said...

He is so cute. We Buchanans think he looks just like his Granpa Art. He's lucky if he turns out like him too.

everything pink! said...

sarah i love those glasses