Sunday, September 24, 2006


There may be trouble in paradise...
Marcus recently informed us that he has a new "friend" at preschool. His name is Tanky. Everyday his hair and eyes are a different color and he suspiciously wears the same clothes as Marcus. Well, Tanky punched Marcus in the eye the other day, but it was ok because Marcus seems to have "abnormally strong eyes". I'm really starting to wonder if Tanky is real...

We were at the cabin over the weekend and we asked Joshua where his Dad was and Josh said "he's at pro-care". Erik was actually sleeping upstairs, but if anyone has ever heard of pro-care you'll think this is funny. Josh just started kindergarten and he's already figured out that some kids get to stay after school even when everyone else has to go home. Pro-care is really for those parents who need some place for their kids to be for 2 or 3 hours after school. Josh thinks it is a pretty cool place to be, but he's never had to go there. He was on a hike to the bear cave with us and he read all the "dirt road" signs on the way back. I guess sometimes he comes home and tells his dad "did you know that so & so can't read?" He thinks it's odd that no one else i his class can read on a 2nd grade level yet. We were talking about dreams this morning and Josh said that he had a dream that Napoleon Dynamite had a mask on that looked like Papa. Madison said that she heard Marcus dreaming about peanut butter sandwiches. Josh said that Ally was dreaming that she wanted Josh to go to sleep with her. I found it odd that he didn't tell us about a super mario adventure dream.
Jared got his elk, but I'll let Julia post the gross pictures. All I can say is that I probably have one of the only 8 year old girls that WANTED to see the elk's head. Cut off, tongue out. There's pictures of it all. She so wanted to go hunting with her Uncle Jared, but I'm putting the brakes on that one. She stood out on the front porch of the cabin with him and called for the elk.
I love my job, I'm an aide working at an elementary. I read with the kids one on one and sometimes I help out in the classes. 3rd and 4th graders are so funny. One of the boys in the 3rd grade ate 4 earth worms on Friday. It was pretty gross. I kept my other jobs too though and for a minute there it was getting way stressful, but it has calmed down. Everyone keeps asking me why I'm not a teacher. My answer is: I am afraid of being responsible for making sure that 25 to 30 kids learn what they're supposed to learn. That's a big job. Teachers are special people.
We looked at pictures of Mark. Poor Mark. He's been gone about 2 months and already Marcus has taken over his room. I guess that's what happens though, at least Mom and Dad aren't planning on moving while he's gone.
The pictures don't really have anything to do with my post, but my camera wouldn't work this weekend so I don't have any pictures of that. It's just Marcus being Marcus and Madison playing with her friend Sammie.

2 comments:

Elisa said...

Miriam and I are looking at your blog pictures and Miriam said "can I go there with them? Please Mom, they are my fun cousins they really miss me".

Tanky sounds like a riot! I was reading an article about imaginary friends and it said kids who make up imaginary friends are EXTREMELY Creative and social and that they do know their friend is imaginary but its more fun to pretend they are not. In the "olden" days...back when dad had his imaginary Indian friend, they thought this ment kids had some kind of social problem...nope just VERY social!

Spencer the Bomb Diggity said...

So I guess I should be sad about not having an imaginary friend. That is so funny. The only other kid I know that has had an imaginary friend is Johnathan pack, Heather's boy.

Boy I sure wish I could go hunting. Maybe Madison and i can go with Jared some time this season... Sarah, I can cover her eyes on the gory stuff...