Friday, July 27, 2007

Since the 14th of July...

Please take a moment and drool over this guy. He's so HOT! I will explain my obsession with him momentarily...So Bevan wanted me to post my review of HP 7 and I'm happy to say that I've finished it! I stayed up til 2:30 am because I really had to find out what happened! I ordered it from Barnes & Noble and for some reason it takes them forever to ship books to people. My order was ready the day the book was released, but apparently Nevada is on the other side of the world because I only got the book on the 25th. Sorry the pics are so small, I forgot to change the dimensions, and I really don't have time to fix it now.



I actually enjoyed this book. I don't want to spoil it or anything so there's not much I can say. I will say though, that some of the rumors are true, but some are not. It depends on what rumors you'd like to listen to. I know that no one else is probably as excited about it all as me, but whatever.



Bevan, I'm not sure what you want me to say...the book is great, it wraps up quite nicely, Riddle is solved (he he he, if you know what I'm talking about). I do have to read it again though because some parts went over my head and I was so emotionally involved with the journey that I couldn't go back and re-read. I just had to gloss over what my head couldn't wrap around. Except for the splinching. I had to go back immediately over that one, it freaked me out. I'm trying to say that you should all read it, unless you don't like Harry Potter stories.


Moving on...



I seriously could not put these books down. I read Twilight in two days. Then after that, I read it again. I am in LOVE with Edward Cullen. Then I ordered New Moon. It took forever to get here, but when it did I stayed up all night to read it. At 5:30 in the morning I quit and slept for 3 hours and then I started it again. I am in LOVE with Jacob Black. Seriously. So, that's what's up with the HOT guy. He's Stephenie Meyer's idea of what Edward Cullen is supposed to look like. Anyway, I'm simply dying for it to be August 8th. I have pre-ordered Eclipse and paid extra for it to be on my doorstep the day after it is released. I have no desire to fight the crowds at Barnes & Noble. I've been lucky that the kids have been with their Dad during the long reading periods. And it's even better because they'll be with him when Eclipse gets here. I just have to make sure that my research paper is done. New Moon came with temporary tattoos. I have seriously been fighting the urge to put one on. So, you should all read these books, unless you get out of the house more than me and you already know about them and you read them in 2005 and 2006 when they first came out. If that is the case, I have no idea how you've been living, ONE BOOK A YEAR? I can't even wait two weeks...
Take another look...go ahead, he's too hot to ignore. But I guess that's pretty subjective. I have this head shot as my wall paper right now, Mark is not going to like that when he gets home. Anyway, I told Madison that it was Edward Cullen and that he was my boyfriend and that he's so hot. She didn't really think so. I guess it's good that we don't have the same taste. Her little boy who is a friend is also very cute. His name is Ralph, but that's another story.

And this cutie pie is Jacob Black. He's so cute it's almost painful! Of course he's not really Jacob Black but the author says that's what she pictures in her head. ME TOO! If you're a little crazy about it like me then you should go to the Twilight web site. Read the books and then read the stuff she left out and the extra stuff she has. It's awesome, and now you all know what I geek I truly am.











4 comments:

Elisa said...

I knew you would love Twilight...I thought of you the whole time I was reading it. I loved it too and you know how I am NOT a fantasy/vampire type of gal (although I too love Harry Potter, I LOVE LOVE Nevel the best).

So now heres the problem...do we get you the "I Love Edward Cullen" t-shirt or the "I Love Jacob Black" one??

Bevan said...

I will spoil it. I thought the book was great! As soon as Hedwig died I was like rock on! Chick Fil a! But then Deloris Umbridge didn't really die. I wanted thedemtors to kill her. Like maybe after she was stunned, she wakes up to slow to conjur up a patronus.

As for the Rowling, what is up with the last chapter? I almost fell asleep. So when evil is gone, life is boring. Andthat is why all can be summed up in 2 pages.

I guess I just wanted to hear what you have to say because your take on some of the movies is well thought.

Jenn said...

So, you're the second person that has mentioned the Stephanie Meyer books in the last week, so I guess I'm gonna have to check them out!

As for HP....I just barely jumped on that bandwagon and finished the first book this morning. So I'm trying really hard not to look at the comment your cousin left, and I had to have Joseph read your next post to make sure that it doesn't have any spoilers (though I was too late with the Hedwig thing...and I'm obviously not that into the books yet because I had to ask him who Hedwig was). Anyway...totally unrelated, but did you know that Joseph and Elisa served in Boston together?

suzy said...

!!! I loved these books too! I have kind of an addictive personality because when I am done reading a book that I love so much, I am like sad for a few days afterward. Almost depressed. I don't know if it's a good thing, maybe I shouldn't read the next one. It isn't fair to Joey. I really wished he was a vampire after I read the first one. But after the second I was so torn, I couldn't decide which one I wanted him to be. Ahh...I can't wait for the next one now that you brought it up again. Joey is going to feel neglected. We are also listening to Harry Potter right now and we have one cd left but Joey is taking a LONNGG sunday nap.