Well, I would really like to have an extremely spiritual post about conference, but I don't. I shut off cable on September 29th so that I would have the extra $50 to have Madison take swimming lessons with Marcus. Well, at exactly 11:30 am on the 29th the cable guy cut the cord. Miriam and I were watching Ella Enchanted and suddenly, nothing, white fuzz. She looked at me and said "Turn it back!" No dice. Well, the area we live in doesn't have great reception anyway and we hadn't had to worry about that for awhile anyway. My dad bought a new antennae, but it's for HDTV, we don't have an HDTV but you can't get rabbit ears anymore. So anyway, he rigged it so now we get 2, 4, and 5.
So we're happily watching the Saturday session of conference and we notice that the conductor of the choir keeps holding his hand still when he should be moving it, and that the choir is skipping too many words. Sometimes the whole thing would shut off completely. So most of the talks were in and out. We heard every 5th word of most of the talks. My dad turned to me at one point and said, "I just can't understand what he's trying to say." Yeah, well, you should be so in tune that you can hear it in your heart.
My mom and I went down to Julia's during the 1st session Sunday and we did laundry and cleaned the fridge. For some reason that session of conference sounded an awful lot like the Cleveland/New England game. It might have been just me though. I'm sure glad our internet rocks.
January 2026
6 months ago





2 comments:
There were some really great talks you'll have to listen to on your computer. Elder Oaks, Elder Worthlin, Elder Uchdorff(sp)Elder Ballard...those are the ones that pop into my head. Mark mentioned Elder Oaks talk. ooohhh good idea just popped into my head, for FHE tonight you should listen to Elder Oaks talk so you know what Mark was talking about in his letter...and then you should listen to the one on Motherhood, just don't be yelling at your kids while you listen, it will make you feel guilty.
Hey, at least you made an attempt. We totally forgot about conference when we booked our hotel for our Park City trip, so it's on the DVR waiting to be watched. I have a feeling it will be waiting for a loooooong time!
Post a Comment