Julia and Jared got to bring Tatum home this afternoon and I think they're really relieved. I know that hospital sleeping is not all that great so they'll be happy to sleep in their own bed tonight. Julia is excited to sleep on her stomach too. Tatum is such a good girl, she only cried when her diaper is changed. Other than that she's quiet and she's been sleeping more than anything. Julia and Jared have to keep her right arm wrapped against her body so that her clavicle will heal, but Tatum is tough just like her mom. It doesn't seem to really bother her. We had a poll going on at home and Alice won because she said Julia would have a girl and that she would weigh 7 lbs. 11 oz. Dad would have won if he would have said girl but he said boy at 8.5 lbs. I guess Jared's family had a poll that involved whether Jared would pass out, how long the labor would be and how much Tatum would weigh. Well, Julia had a whopping 6 hours of labor. Really, 6 hours and that's it. I talked to Elisa around 11:30 am on Thursday and she said that we had about 5 more hours to go. We were all ready for the long haul and I had called around noon to see if my mom needed anything and she just said well, we're ready to deliver so I'll call you with the stats. I was shocked and speechless. 6 hours is not long for an induced labor. I guess Tatum really wanted to get out so that she could start hunting or dancing, we'll have to wait and see.
So here are some more pictures of the latest cutie!
3 comments:
That was a fast post!!! It feels like only an hour ago I was holding that perfect baby in my arms. It was. She is just as beautiful in person.
Thanks for your posts, Sarah. Keep the pictures and info. coming! Tell Julia and Jared congrats from me!
Well, for having to deliver such a big baby, I think we'll forgive her for only having a 6 hour labor! Tatum is such a cutie and I just LOVE her name!
Post a Comment