So here's the sad story behind the sweet potatoes. I've never made them before so I was just following directions, sort of.
I didn't get a pic, but I burned the marshmallows all over the top of the finished product. You have to watch the broiler! Anyway, while everyone else got to say what they were thankful for I was frantically trying to pick burnt marshmallow off the top of the sweet potatoes. Should have been easy enough, but the pecans were getting stuck to the burnt marshes. So then, I had to dig back through the sticky mess to gather the pecans and get them into the sweet potatoes. So then, the whole presentation was ruined and I had to dump them into the bowl to be served because the pan was WAY to hot to hand around the table. Instead of the beautiful creation from the recipe picture I ended up with this!!!

They tasted good though!
Two sweet boys full of the sweets! I know for a fact Marcus got plenty of sweets today.
I made a pumpkin roll for the first time this Thanksgiving! Marcus seemed to like them, but I'm not sure how well they went over.
Madison devours Elisa's Chocolate Custard Pie. It was awesome! There's not a drop left!
Marcus's plate of pumkin rolls. I accidentally ate one of the halves he left on the plate and he came around later and was asking "Who ate my pumpkin roll?" I was totally busted.I've been listening to Adam Sandler's Thanksgiving Song all day. It's my fave, it totally gets me in the mood for turkey lurkey do and turkey lurkey dat.
I ate that turkey and I had a nap!





6 comments:
I hope you guys had an awesome Turkey Day! And Im right here, thanks for askin :)
Oh and...
HAPPY BELATED BIRHTDAY!
We had a mishap with the marshmallows on the yams also. Yours look good, even if they are in a bowl. I like the pecan idea.
There was parchment paper in my pumpkin roll.
I guess it happens to all of us...I had to make my rolls in cupcake papers because they dough was so runny! ARGH!
That pumpkin roll looks yummy! Way to go!
Post a Comment