Friday, August 29, 2008



So Marcus went to Kindergarten last Monday. Madison has already been in school for the last week, and the first day was crazy so I didn't get pics taken, so we had a do-over on Marcus' first day. His teacher is such a cutie. She has a sweet southern accent and spiky hair that changes colors. Right now it's fairly normal but I've seen her with pink and purple tips and orange streaks.

He's been so excited, practicing his letters, pretending to read, getting his backpack all ready...

Madison and I walked him down to his room and helped him find his hook and his seat and then I kissed him goodbye, walked out the door and burst into tears. It wouldn't have been that bad except that I had to be at the other elementary to work right after that so beginning the morning by crying was not great.

Madison was perfect though, she totally has things under control. She picked up Marcus and showed him where to cross the street and where he was supposed to play and now she makes sure they get on the bus on time.

I cried last year when I had to drop Madison off at 4th grade with all those busty girls, but this wasn't as bad. I'll cry when I have to buy her a training bra.

3 comments:

KT said...

So, I found your blog and I checked it out. I love the joke about the husband upgrade! Oh, and your music is awesome!

You're kids are cute. Anyway, I wanted to let you know that I visited your site. You can check mine out at gkthayn.blogspot.com if you want.

See you Tuesday!
Kerstina

Encore Dance said...

They are so cute and they looked so old walking to the car after school. I wish I could pick them up all the time. I love when Marcus was so excited to finally meet Devin and Madison blushed every day they walked together. He was cute to Marcus.

Elisa said...

Who is the Devin character??

I can't believe you cried!! I wonder if I will....I know I am a baby most of the time but I am surprisingly stoic sometimes.