Saturday, September 13, 2008

There is another thing that I love (see below post). This coming week is the scholastic book fair in our school district. I LOVE LOVE LOVE the book fair. I have spent $200 on books at times during book fairs. I stock up on stuff for Christmas, Easter, birthdays, etc.
I am looking for other books in the series: Unicorns of Balinor.
Madison likes the fantasy books and these are pretty easy to read.

I'm getting Marcus the new Skippyjon Jones because it is way too funny and I enjoy doing my Spanish accent whenever possible. Of course he'll want some superhero book too, but sometimes I can get away with talking him into a space one.

I just bought Goodnight Goon. This book is soooooo funny. It's totally written just like Goodnight Moon, but it's about monsters and goo and stuff. Marcus thought it was hilarious.

I have already picked out the book I'm for sure getting for Miriam. It's PERFECT. But I can't tell you what it is because I assume Elisa reads my blog, but maybe she doesn't anymore because I've been a Slogger (blogging slacker). Consider that word free to use.

5 comments:

Elisa said...

You have been a slogger, but I get reports from mom about you running around ragged from work to work/school to the kids events so I understand.

I LOVE that Goodnight Goon book! I also can't wait to see the book for Miriam...I am thinking princesses, unicorns or fairies. She is kind of easy to read that girl.

Miranda at Marz Haus said...

Ooh, the book fair! I always loved those.

Emily said...

I had forgotten how much I love book fairs until I was teaching at the elementary school last year. Much money was spent there. But, reading is important, so it's okay right?

suzy said...

Books are the best presents!! I love that new book smell.

Advice from Ordinary People Flourishing Together said...

I love the book review. Keep it coming. I also like to make wierd accents while I am reading. I wonder if everyone likes doing this or if we are the only cool ones!