Saturday, October 13, 2007

What rhymes with procrastination?

I think that's my word this year. It's not necessarily a bad word. Discuss...

If you procrastinate travel plans you might end up with crappy accomodations, but you could avoid that nasty 5 star hotel suite and then you get to call your sister at 11:00 pm to ask if you can stay with her even though she's got a new baby. Instead of getting quarterly reports done a couple of days before they are due, you could procrastinate and have the opportunity to spend all day Saturday trying to find the information that you need for the report that is locked up in the office downtown. That's fun. Because then you can also try to get assignments for school done at the same time even though you had about 4 weeks to get said assignments done because you knew about them in the middle of September! If you look at it from that perspective then procrastination is really a good thing. And I'm actually doing the Tums people a huge favor because I have to stock up during times like these.


Does anyone want to know what I've been doing instead of what I'm supposed to be doing? Too bad, I'm telling you anyway. I have been watching the entire first season of Friday Night Lights . I read the book in high school for Mrs. Taylor and I do have to say that I loved it. The other shows and movies that were loosely based on the book were LAME.


Speaking of high school football...I need to mention that the local high school has some cuuuute little boys on it this year. The team still sucks, but those boys have something to fall back on, ya know? Anyway, if you all do decide to watch this exceptionally moving and delicately written tv drama please pay close attention to the inner workings and dynamics of these two pivotal characters. The first is "Matt" the quarterback, the second is "Landry" his geeky friend who does start to play football during the second season. Anyway, these two together crack me up! "Landry" is hilarious.
Really though, if procrastination leads to such worthy findings as these...how could it be so bad?

4 comments:

Encore Dance said...

Ya, procrastination is great! I love at times when I have a huge project, like building a studio and wait till the last minute to pass inspection, cause you know we can always dance at the park!

Rass said...

When are you going to graduate from high school????

Elisa said...

I only procrastinate things having to do with cleaning products, or budgeting. I am a HUGE planner when it comes to Christmas (as you know since I made you draw cousins names last week:)

I actually wish I could watch Friday Night Lights, I usually enjoy the shows you do. Although they are funnier when I watch them WITH you.

Cichelli said...

(found you through Miranda's blog)

Jack is almost four and obsessed with super heroes. On any given day he's either dressed like spiderman, batman or the red ranger. If he's not in costume, he's wearing a character t-shirt. Or pants. Or shoes. Or all of the above.

Gotta love little boys.

And the men from Friday Night Lights:)